UNCG (0-3) at East Carolina (4-2)
Minges Coliseum • Greenville, N.C.
Nov. 27, 2010 • Game 4
Radio: WCOG 1320-AM (Scott Pryzwansky & Stan Lewter)
Internet: UNCGSpartans.com (free audio)
LiveStats: UNCGSpartans.com (thru ecupirates.com)
COMPLETE GAME NOTES (PDF FORMAT)
UNCG vs. East Carolina - ECU leads 6-2
Nov. 28, 1988 L 49-69 Greenville, N.C.
Nov. 29, 1989 L 57-60 Greensboro, N.C. (Colis.)
Dec. 28, 2000 L 92-104 Greenville, N.C.
Dec. 5, 2001 W 56-54 Greensboro, N.C.
Dec. 6, 2005 W 78-70 Greenville, N.C.
Nov. 16, 2006 L 64-72 Greensboro, N.C.
Dec. 13, 2008 L 53-97 Greenville, N.C.
Nov. 28, 2009 L 61-82 Greensboro, N.C. (Colis.)
• UNCG hits the road Saturday to take on East Carolina - the alma mater of Spartan head coach Mike Dement. Dement is 1-3 against the Pirates since returning to UNCG for the 2005-06 season, the win coming at Minges Coliseum on Dec. 6, 2005.
• UNCG is winless in its last three outings, facing three very tough opponents. VCU (3-1) and Virginia Tech (3-1) and Florida State (5-0) are combined 11-2 thus far this season with the only losses in the group being Virginia Tech's loss at fourth-ranked Kansas State and VCU's near-miss at No. 24 Tennessee.
• Fifth-year senior Brandon Evans returns to Greenville for the first time since transferring to UNCG. Evans left ECU after the 2007-08 season.
• UNCG's Aloysius Henry has made his presence felt immediately this season, scoring in double digits in all three games and shooting 16-for-23 from the floor thus far. In fact, according to Stats, Inc., Henry is 12th in the nation in field goal percentage through Thursday's games at 69.6%.
• The Spartans have had a considerably new look over the last two seasons. In fact, just one person in uniform today was in uniform in the 2008-09 opener at Charlotte – Elhanan Bone. Brandon Evans was sitting out after transferring from East Carolina and Darrius Sellers was injured. From then to tonight, there are 15 new players on the UNCG roster, five that made their debut at VCU and three more that made their debut against Florida St.
• The Spartans were picked anywhere from third through sixth this season in the preseason poll. The Southern Conference's coaches poll had UNCG fourth in an always tight North Division race.
• UNCG returns just one starter from last season, that being point guard Kyle Randall. In all, the Spartans return 28.5 points per game from last season (averaged 63.4 as a team).