UNCG Fall Invitational, Sept. 9-11, UNCG Tennis Courts
For tournament information, including seeds, draws and results, click here.
- UNCG's men's tennis team will host the UNCG Fall Invitational this weekend, with student-athletes from eight schools participating in the tournament at the UNCG Tennis Courts.
- In addition to the Spartans, Campbell, Gardner-Webb, Elon, Liberty, Longwood, North Carolina Central, UNC Asheville and Virginia Tech will be represented at the UNCG Fall Invitational.
- The tournament will include four singles and two doubles draws.
- UNCG's Orcun Seyrek and Chanon Varapongsittikul took singles flight titles at last year's UNCG Fall Invite, both topping teammates to do so. Seyrek topped Timion Meijs in the A1 final, while Varapongsittikul downed Ahmet Sarioglu at A3.
- Last year's doubles championships were canceled due to rain and travel considerations.
- UNCG returns a pair of 2011 All-Southern Conference performers in Seyrek (first team, singles and doubles) and Sarioglu (second team, singles), while Varapongsittikul and Sarioglu were SoCon All-Freshman picks last season.
- Sarioglu led the Spartans with 23 singles wins last season, going 23-9 on the year. He turned in a team-best 16-5 mark in dual play. Varapongsittikul (21-11) and Seyrek (20-11) also recorded at least 20 singles victories.
- As a team, the Spartans went 15-6 overall and 8-2 in SoCon play last season, tying for third in the regular-season standings for the third straight year.
- The UNCG Fall Invitational is the first of five fall events in which UNCG will participate. The Spartans will also compete at the ITA Men's All-American Championships in Tulsa, Okla., the Elon Invitational, the USTA/ITA Regional Championships in Chapel Hill, N.C., and the UNCW Invitational.
- UNCG -