UNCG at the ITA Men's All-American Championships, Oct. 1-9, Tulsa, Okla.
- Senior Orcun Seyrek and sophomores Ahmet Sarioglu and Chanon Varapongsittikul will represent the UNCG men's tennis team at the ITA Men's All-American Championships at the University of Tulsa starting Saturday.
- Sarioglu and Varapongsittikul will compete in the pre-qualifying draw Saturday, with Sarioglu taking on Louisiana-Lafayette's Yanick Mandl in the first round and Varapongsittikul awaiting Illinois State's Tuomas Manner or San Francisco's William Schumacher in the second round after earning a first-round bye.
- Seyrek will compete in the qualifying draw, which starts Monday.
- The last time UNCG competed at the All-American Championships was in 2009, when Arsel Kumdereli fell in the pre-qualifying round.
- UNCG hasn't seen action since hosting the UNCG Fall Invitational from Sept. 9-11. Varapongsittikul and Randy Phillips won the B Doubles flight championship, while Sarioglu won the A1 Singles consolation final. Seyrek and Sarioglu reached the A Doubles consolation final and Jimmy Roueche lost in the A4 Singles final. Phillips lost in the A3 Singles consolation final.
- Sarioglu went 4-1 in singles at the UNCG Fall Invitational, while Seyrek and Varapongsittikul were both 1-2.
- Still on the docket for the Spartans this fall: The Elon Invitational from Oct. 7-9 and the USTA/ITA Regional Championships in Chapel Hill, N.C., from Oct. 13-16.
- UNCG -