UNCG (17-21) at North Carolina (26-15), April 13, 5 p.m., Anderson Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
• UNCG hits the road for its penultimate nonconference series when it faces North Carolina for a doubleheader at the Tar Heels' Anderson Stadium on Wednesday.
• UNCG enters play coming off a sweep at the hands of Southern Conference leader Chattanooga over the weekend, while UNC took two of three from NC State over the weekend for its fourth straight Atlantic Coast Conference series victory.
• The Tar Heels will be the fourth ACC team UNCG has faced this season. The Spartans opened the season by no-hitting then-No. 23 Florida State and have also faced Virginia Tech and NC State.
• Junior Jordan Jewett leads the team with a .364 average on the season with a SoCon-best 10 doubles. Kaitlin Merkt is second on the squad with a .349 mark and leads the team with eight homers and 28 RBI. Alex Emeterio is batting .333 on the year. Katelyn Bedwell (.314) and Aisha Figueroa (.307) are also hitting over .300. Figueroa is second in the SoCon with 18 stolen bases.
• In the circle, Cory Mattson is 8-10 with a 4.37 ERA and a career-best three saves and has won four of her last six decisions. Josie Felix is 5-9 with a 4.84 ERA, while sophomore Raeanne Hanks is 4-2 with a 6.86 ERA. Emeterio has made six appearances but has yet to register a decision. She has a 9.33 ERA but is allowing opposing batters to hit just .263, the best mark on the staff.
• North Carolina owns a 40-7 lead in the all-time series, and has won 15 straight since UNCG's last win, in 2002. The Tar Heels took two games from UNCG last year, winning 8-0 and 5-1.
• Kelli Wheeler leads North Carolina with a .408 average and 10 home runs. Haleigh Dickey is hitting .350 with nine homers and a team-high 33 RBI.
• A pair of freshmen lead UNC in the circle. Lori Spingola is 20-11 with a 1.69 ERA, while Sara Buchholz is 6-4 with a 4.32 mark.
- UNCG -