Softball Holds Fall Clinic October 6
GREENSBORO, N.C. – The UNCG softball team will hold a hitting, base-running and defensive clinic Saturday, October 6 from noon to 3 p.m. at the UNCG Softball Stadium.
The hitting portion of the clinic will focus on a short, quick explosive swing. Each participant will go through drills to isolate the hitting mechanics and take swings on the UNCG Softball Stadium field.
Come learn and drill techniques to become a smarter and more aggressive base-runner.
Defensively learn position specific drills and catch defensive tips from the Spartan Softball coaching staff and players.
- Base coverage
- Fielding mechanics
- Overhead catches
- Sliding catches
*Pitchers and catchers will drill specific important mechanics that are relative to their position.
WHAT TO BRING
- Tennis shoes*
*Please bring tennis shoes for use in our indoor hitting facility.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment, including catching equipment if available
- Participants will be grouped according to age and skill level for each clinic session
- Lunch will NOT be provided
- Check-in will begin at 11:30 am at the UNCG Softball Stadium
- Directions & confirmation will be sent via EMAIL
- All HS & Club coaches are welcome to observe the clinic. Please contact coach Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on attending
- All players MUST submit the camp waivers, signed by a parent/guardian in order to participate. The necessary waivers will accompany the registration confirmation email as an attachment.
- UNCG -