UNCG closes out successful weekend at Davidson Fall Invitational
DAVIDSON, N.C. – UNCG won four of singles matches against Gardner-Webb and Elon on Saturday and swept through all three doubles matches against Davidson to close out the weekend's women's tennis action on Saturday at the Davidson Fall Invitational.
Niltooli Wilkins finished the weekend 5-for-6, including three wins on Saturday, to close out her first tournament as a Spartan. She defeated Gardner-Webb's Erica White in a three-setter and then topped Elon's Frida Jansaker in straight sets to close things out.
The Spartans return to action on Sept. 17 when they visit Charlottesville, Va. for the UVA Fall Invitational.
Singles vs. GARDNER WEBB
1) Niltooli Wilkins (UNCG) def. Erica White 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (10-8)
2) Alex Whitehead (UNCG) def. Ioana Oprea 6-4, 6-4
3) Stephanie Macfarlane (UNCG) def. Rita Gouveia 6-2, 6-3
4) Lunda (GW) def. Annette Rios 3-6, 7-6, (1-0) 10-8
5) Ronia Hutterli (GW) def. Mikayla Rogers 6-4, 6-1
6) Dilara Yurtkuran (UNCG) def.Tavenner Black 7-5, 6-4
Doubles vs. DAVIDSON
1) Niltooli Wilkins / Annette Rios (UNCG) def. Stephanie Synn / Elise Held 8-3
2) Alex Whitehead / Mikayla Rogers (UNCG) def. Samantha Galainena / Nisha Crouser 8-2
3) Stephanie Macfarlane / Devon Sutherland (UNCG) def. Frizzi Bschorer / Tamara Hill 8-6
Singles vs. ELON
1) Niltooli Wilkins (UNCG) def. Frida Jansaker 6-0,7-6
2) Jorday Johnston (Elon) def. Stephanie Macfarlane 6-0,6-1
3) Annette Rios (UNCG) def. Briana Berne 6-3,6-3
4) Bryn Khoury (Elon) def. Mikayla Rogers 6-1,6-2
5) Dilara Yurtkuran (UNCG) def. Andrea Pont Gray 8-5
6) Devon Sutherland (UNCG) def. Kaylyn Smialek 6-1,6-1
- UNCG -