UNCG at the USTA/ITA Carolinas Regional Championships, Oct. 20-24, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- UNCG's women's tennis team will send a cadre of players to the USTA/ITA Carolinas Regional Championships, which will take place from Thursday to Monday at the Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- The Spartans will send Lucy Dougherty, Niltooli Wilkins, Annette Rios and Alex Whitehead to Chapel Hill for the regional. Dougherty and Wilkins are seeded fifth in the doubles bracket and will receive a first-round bye. In singles play, Whitehead and Wilkins are in the main draw, while Rios and Dougherty are in the qualifying draw trying to play their way into the main draw.
- UNCG has been idle since the Wake Forest Invitational from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2. Rios teamed with Dilara Yurtkuran to win the consolation final of the B Doubles flight, while Stephanie Falcon and Devon Sutherland fell in the championship final of the C Doubles flight. That same weekend, Wilkins and Dougherty competed at the Riviera/ITA All-American Championships, with Wilkins playing in the singles draw and the pair falling in the pre-qualifying doubles round.
- Wilkins is 5-3 in singles play so far this fall, while Whitehead is 3-2, Rios is 3-3 and Dougherty is 3-4. In doubles play, Dougherty and Wilkins are 6-2, while Whitehead and Rios have not played together. Individually, Whitehead is 4-2 in doubles and Rios is 5-2.
- The Spartans have one more fall tournament on the slate, the Kitty Harrison Invitational in Chapel Hill from Nov. 4-6.
- UNCG -