UNCG (0-2) vs. UNC Asheville (1-1), Feb. 4, Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center, 11:30 a.m.
- UNCG's women's tennis team will host its first home match of the season when it takes on UNC Asheville at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center on Saturday. The match has been moved from a 10 a.m. start to an 11:30 start. Admission is free.
- The Spartans are 0-2 after opening the season with losses to North Carolina and Indiana. UNCG kicked off its dual schedule with a 7-0 road loss to the Tar Heels on Jan. 18. The Spartans dropped a 6-1 decision to Indiana in Durham, N.C., on Jan. 22, with Niltooli Wilkins picking up a win at No. 1 singles. Wilkins and Lucy Dougherty, the 40th-ranked doubles duo in the nation, also took a win at No. 1 doubles.
- Wilkins and freshman Stephanie Falcon pace UNCG in singles wins with 11 each so far, including fall matches. Wilkins is 11-6 overall, while Falcon is 11-4. In doubles play, Wilkins and Dougherty are 10-6 together. Alex Whitehead and Dilara Yurtkuran are 6-3 together, as are Falcon and Devon Sutherland.
- UNCA is 1-1 on the season. The Bulldogs opened the season Jan. 28 with a 4-3 win over Davidson, the first over the Wildcats in school history. UNCA took wins at Nos. 1 and 3 doubles to earn the doubles point, then got wins from Zoe Hamel (No. 1), Christine Boissevain (No. 4) and Jenna Dodge (No. 5) to open the season with a win.
- The Bulldogs dropped a 5-2 contest at North Carolina Central on Wednesday, getting a win from Amie Cloer at No. 5 singles and a default win at No. 6.
- UNCG took a 6-1 win when the teams met in Asheville, N.C., on March 7 of last season. The Spartans swept through doubles and got singles wins from Wilkins, Whitehead, Dougherty, Annette Rios and Sutherland. UNCA's lone win came from Hamel at No. 3.
- UNCG -