UNCG (3-2) vs. Richmond (4-1), Feb. 25, 11:30 a.m., Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center
- UNCG's women's tennis team wraps up a four-match homestand when it hosts Richmond at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center on Saturday. The match has been moved from a 10 a.m. start to an 11:30 start. Admission is free.
- The Spartans have won three straight matches to move over .500 on the season. UNCG has beaten UNC Asheville, East Carolina and Gardner-Webb in its last three contests.
- In a 5-2 win over Gardner-Webb at the UNCG Tennis Courts on Tuesday, Niltooli Wilkins, Lucy Dougherty, Stephanie Falcon and Devon Sutherland won singles matches, with the latter three playing up a flight after Alex Whitehead was scratched from singles play. Wilkins and Dougherty also won at No. 1 doubles, while Sutherland and Kayla Gammie won at No. 3.
- Wilkins and Falcon pace UNCG in singles wins with 14 each so far, including fall matches. Wilkins is 14-6 overall, while Falcon is 14-4. In doubles play, Falcon and Devon Sutherland are 7-3 together, while Whitehead and Dilara Yurtkuran are 6-4 and Gammie and Annette Rios are 4-2. Wilkins and Dougherty, who were ranked 40th nationally in doubles earlier in the season, are 12-6 so far on the season with a 3-1 dual mark.
- Since the 2010 season, UNCG is 19-5 at home, including a 5-0 record in matches at Piedmont Indoor (2-0 this season). The Spartans are 14-5 at the UNCG Tennis Courts in that span.
- Richmond is 4-1 after Friday's 4-2 win at Davidson. The Spiders' lone loss on the season came at the hands of Penn on Feb. 11, 4-3. Richmond also owns victories over Liberty, Fordham and Longwood.
- Against the Wildcats, Richmond claimed four singles wins after dropping the doubles point. Joanna Matuszczyk won at No. 1, Melissa Kandinata won at No. 3, Alexandra Smyth won at No. 4 and Elizabeth Sims won at No. 5. Smyth and Helen Cunningham won at No. 1 doubles.
- UNCG and Richmond both competed at the Wake Forest Invitational in Winston-Salem, N.C., from Sept. 30-Oct. 1. In head-to-head singles action, UNCG's Yurtkuran beat Richmond's Kandinata and Falcon topped Sims.
- UNCG is 3-3 against teams from Virginia since 2009. The Spartans beat Longwood and lost to VCU in 2009, beat Longwood and Liberty in 2010 and lost to Virginia Tech and Liberty in 2011.
- Next up for UNCG is a match at Longwood on March 1 that kicks off a season-long eight-match road swing.
- UNCG -