UNCG (3-3) vs. Longwood (1-5), March 1, 2:30 p.m., Farmville, Va.
- UNCG's women's tennis team looks to get back in the win column when it takes on Longwood in a road contest on Thursday.
- The Spartans saw their three-match winning streak snapped Saturday with a 4-3 loss to Richmond at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center. After UNCG won the doubles point, Annette Rios and Niltooli Wilkins won in singles play to give the Spartans a 3-0 lead. Richmond rattled off four straight wins to rally for the victory, clinching the match with a win at No. 2 that went to a third-set tiebreaker.
- Wilkins and Falcon paces UNCG in singles wins with 15 and is 15-6 overall with a 5-1 dual mark at No. 1. Freshman Stephanie Falcon is 14-5 overall and Devon Sutherland is on the verge of double digits with a 9-7 mark.
- In doubles play, Falcon and Sutherland are 7-3 together, while Alex Whitehead and Dilara Yurtkuran are 6-4. Wilkins and Lucy Dougherty, who were ranked 40th nationally in doubles earlier in the season, are 13-6 so far on the season with a 4-1 dual mark.
- Longwood is 1-5 on the season and has lost three straight since a 6-0 win over Coppin State on Feb. 11. The Lancers dropped a 4-3 match to Old Dominion on Friday, getting wins at Nos. 2 and 3 doubles to take the doubles point and from Sarah Moomau at No.4 singles and Nicole Parker at No. 6.
- Malin Allgurin leads the Lancers in singles with a 7-8 mark, including a 2-3 dual record at No. 2. Moomau and Marta Pinyol have six wins each.
- In doubles play, Parker and Hannah Hill are 8-4 together with a 2-2 mark at No. 3. Moomau and Pinyol are 4-4 together and 2-3 at No. 2.
- Longwood, which has been independent since moving to NCAA Division I in 2007, will join the Big South Conference on July 1, 2012.
- Next up for UNCG is a match at UNCW on Saturday at 11 a.m.
- UNCG -