UNCG at Raleigh Relays, March 30-31, Raleigh, N.C.
- The UNCG men's and women's track & field teams will travel to Raleigh, N.C., Friday for the first day of Raleigh Relays held on the campus of NC State.
- The two-day meet will feature more than 80 colleges and universities plus several post-collegiate running clubs. In all, more than 2,000 athletes will participate in the annual event that takes place at NC State's Derr Track.
- For the UNCG women, Kelly Montague, Chelsea Willette, Emily Vasquez, Jade Farlow, Shannon Hall, Kerry Hartman, Shaina Sumney, Chelsea Sumney and Ginny Cronley will run on day one. Max Bergstrom, Abraham Kemboi, Taylor Hurst, Eric Williams, Taylor Day, Joey Thompson, Paul Katam, Corey Paige and Paul Chelimo will be the men competing for the Spartans on Friday.
- A full schedule of events and live results can both be found at flashresults.com.
- Fans can follow the UNCG track & field coaches on Twitter for updates during the meets @UNCGXC.
- The Raleigh Relays will be the Spartans' first competition since a strong showing at the Wake Forest Open two weeks ago. Hartman set a new PR in the 1,500m, running a time of 4:34.45 to finish third. On the men's side, Katam finished second overall in the 3,000m, posting a time of 8:18.38.
- This will be Chelimo's first race since garnering All-America honors in the 3,000m at the NCAA Indoor Championships on March 10.
- On Feb. 23-24 at the SoCon Indoor Championships, Ashley Schnell and Chelimo each won individual titles in their respective mile races. The men's and women's distance medley relay teams won SoCon titles, as well. Chelsea Sumney also earned All-SoCon honors in the 5,000 meters after earning runner-up honors.
- UNCG -